Hello! I´am Helen
We are a young professional family with two very lovely children; 3.5 years and 2 years. We also have a lovely chocolate Labrador and 4 chickens!
We are based in a rural location and looking for a reliable and experience au pair to become part of our family on a long term basis.
We live in the countryside. Although it is quiet and remote we are lucky to be well connected by car or train to London, Cambridge, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich as well as lots of very pretty rural areas.
Life with us is hectic. Dad works in London full time and is out of the house everyday by 7am and not home until 7:15pm at the earliest.
Mum runs her own company from an office based in Stowmarket (about 2/3 miles from the house).
The children currently go to full time nursery about 2 miles from home (term time only). However, we may reduce this to 3 days a week if we can find a suitable au pair!
Our day starts around 6:30/7am and we are busy getting up and ready for the day. Mum normally drops the children at nursery by 8am and then goes to the office for the day. The children are then collected by 5:30pm and bought home for snack, bath, film/play/story and bed.
At the weekend we usually eat out a lot and go on day trips to see grandparents or friends.
Another thing to note is that we do often have other dogs around the house so we would need an au pair who is very confident around dogs and caring for them.
As a rule we are a very relaxed family and really want the au pair to become part of our family unit for at least 12 months if not longer. There will be a number of basic things we would like the au pair to do as follows;
1. Help with the children; getting them up and ready for the day, dropping off and collecting from nursery (on occasion), playing, reading, bathing and putting to bed.
2. During the days the au pair would have time to do her own thing but we would expect some housework to be done, the dog walked and chickens checked on each day.
1. The children will be at home from nursery and so the au pair will have a lot more contact with the children during school holidays. We would expect the au pair to show some initiative in terms of planning activities/entertainment for the children and taking them on days out.
2. We do go on a number of lovely family holidays and we would like the au pair to accompany us on some of these.
1. Babysitting - we would like the au pair to babysitting 1 or 2 nights per week. This would be flexible and arranged in advance.
2. Look after the house - general cleaning, tidying, washing, ironing, shopping and preparing meals etc.
3. Walk the dog.
4. Feed the chickens.
5. If we go away on holiday but it is not possible to take the au pair we will expect the au pair to stay at our house and look after the dog and chickens.
6. There may be a very small chance we would need to go away for work overnight. We would like to feel comfortable leaving the au pair in charge on those occasions. This would be agreed well in advance and the au pair would be given time off in lieu.
7. Generally we wouldn't expect the au pair to work weekends but may require an evening of babysitting on a Saturday night occasionally.